Sunday, November 16, 2008

DJ Sierra

I'm excited and honored to bring you another installation of "Meet the DJ" today! Today you get to meet DJ Sierra, who I've dubbed "The First Lady of HotTrax Radio." I became a full fledged HotTrax Radio listener at the end of December last year. On New Year's Day, the DJ's were attempting to go round the clock with live DJs. My first memory of DJ Sierra was that she was on for like 8 hours or more. And she was awesome! I think that was my first day to go into the chat room, and she was a big help. I have it on good authority that Sierra has been a DJ longer than any DJ in the HotTrax family. Sierra is scheduled on HotTrax Live Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays from noon to 3 EST, and on HotTrax Country on Mondays, 1-4 PM. That show replays on Friday mornings at 5 EST. And though she's not on the schedule on Wednesday, if she's not working, she's usually there. And many days she doesn't have to work, she plays longer than she is scheduled. I love it on school holidays, and during the summer, when I can catch her shows. She is GREAT! Occasionally we get lucky and she fills in evenings when a scheduled DJ has to miss their show. As you can see, she truly is "The First Lady of HotTrax!"


Sierra was one of the people I had the chance to meet in Kansas this past summer. She is a lot of fun to be around. She is a beautiful lady, with a great personality- much like she is on the radio! She is also a woman of few words, so I've added some to her answers. Read on to find out more about this super DJ.


1. Why did you decide to become a DJ?


It was something "interesting" to do. [When you hear her, you'll think she was born to do this... she has a wonderful voice!]


2. What is your favorite kind of music?


Rock [This surprises me because she does a kick ass country show]


3. What is your favorite thing about being a DJ?


Playing good tunes for all the great listeners. [Sierra has a great following. She is very loved by her listeners.]


4. What do you do when you're not DJing?


I work and sleep. [And if she isn't doing one of those things, she also hangs out in our chat room- stop by and say hi!]


5. Tell me something about you that your listeners might not know.


I'm disabled.


6. Anything else you'd like to share?


No, that's about it. LOL [I told you she was a woman of few words!]


Oh, and FYI... this week Sierra will be doing a show on HotTrax Smooth, Thursday night beginning at 10 PM... catch it if you can!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having had the pleasure of working with DJ-Sierra for 12 months as she always followed my show on Mondays before she got fed up with me and fled to the country channel, I got to know that she is indeed a woman of few words. Three in fact....of which two are 'Kiss my' :)


Alex