Sunday, November 2, 2008

DJ Alex

If you haven't noticed, I've become quite taken with internet radio... or perhaps I should say, with HotTrax Radio. In an effort to convince my readers to listen in, I'd like to introduce you to some of our DJs. I sent six questions to each DJ, and I will report on each as they answer.

The first DJ to respond was DJ Alex. It is very fitting that the first DJ I write about is DJ Alex, as he is the reason I listen to HotTrax Radio. And because of that, I credit him for introducing me to Jazzy! Alex and I have been friends for many years. We have never had the opportunity to meet, but I am hopeful that one day soon we will.

Alex started with HotTrax about a year ago. He does a show on HotTrax Live, "Rollin' and Tumblin' with Alex" on Monday mornings, 10:00 EST. Unfortunately, I don't get to listen to him during the school year. But during the summer and on holidays I get the chance, and let me tell you, he does a FANTASTIC show! Alex has the ability to mix genres of music, and make it seem effortless. He puts in a lot of work on his shows, and you can certainly tell this. He peppers his show with interesting information about the music he is playing. If, like me, you can't catch Alex live, his show is replayed on Thursday mornings, 5:00 EST. Alex also does a recorded show on HotTrax Smooth, "Swing Into Monday", on at 1:00 AM, and replayed on Smooth Tuesday morning at 10:00.


Readers, meet DJ Alex.





1. Why did you decide to become a DJ?

It fulfilled an ambition I have cherished for many years and never thought I'd get the chance to make good. I loved the idea of people listening to MY choice of music.

2. What is your favorite kind of music?

I really do have catholic tastes and its hard to choose because it depends on my mood - Rock, rhythm n blues, country, folk - all fall within my taste list as people who have heard my show will know

3. What is your favorite thing about being a DJ?

I guess having the chance to project something of my personality on air while playing my favourite music at the same time

4. What do you do when you're not DJing?

I am a keen sportsperson. I play tennis, squash and racquetball and also do weight training. Can't understand why I'm still overweight - oh yes forgot I love my beer too

5. Tell me something about you that your listeners might not know.

I am a published writer of erotic fiction.

6. Anything else you'd like to share?

I'm English (I wonder if they noticed that ) but actually born in Isle of Man (tiny little island in Irish Sea) and am trying (late in life) to learn Manx, the native Gaelic tongue of my forefathers.




No comments: