Friday, November 7, 2008

DJ Madman

The next DJ to accept my request for an interview was DJ Madman. I have been blessed to have met the Madman on two occasions. Once in New Orleans, where we walked the streets talking, and again this past summer in Kansas, at the HotTrax Bash. I also got to meet his beautiful girlfriend, Jennifer, in Kansas.


The Madman has a great sense of humor (I'm just not sure about his infatuation with Lucille... his machine gun!). DJ Madman and DJ Rockit had a war of promos going for a while after the Kansas bash... too funny! If you haven't heard them, ask me (or any of the DJs) to play them sometime.


Madman does three shows on HotTrax Live. On Thursday evenings at 10:00 EST is "Rock & Roll 101." This is a fun show, and sometimes DJ Madman has a quiz for the listeners. Sunday afternoon is "Madman's Sunday CD Review" where the DJ review various CDs... usually CDs that he has picked up for not much money, but with very interesting music choices. And my favorite Madman show, "Madman's 6 Pack Saturday" from 6 - 9 PM EST. Listeners are invited to check out Madman's playlist (http://www.hottraxradio.com/) and choose 6 songs. It is always fun to hear what the listeners choose. No matter which show he's doing, the Madman always has a good time, which translates into a good time for his listeners.



Readers, I'd like you to meet DJ Madman.




1. Why did you decide to become a DJ?

I can't say that it was something I've always dreamed of, but after meeting several DJs at a get together in New York, it was unavoidable. I was talking to Patty (Fantasy) and she asked, "When are you going to DJ"? So immediately after returning from New York, I started working on a play list and tagging mp3 files



2. What is your favorite kind of music?


I love ALL music, but I guess if I had to have a label, it would be 80's metal/Hair band/Classic Rock.

3. What is your favorite thing about being a DJ?


The listeners, and the fact that they come back week after week to hear my shows. It's really heart warming to know that people actually enjoy what I do and take time out of their schedule to listen.

4. What do you do when you're not DJing?


I'm a Personnel Manager for a Marine Transportation company. Besides work, I am constantly working on my mp3 library. I also do a lot of research on music and different bands. I live in southeastern Louisiana, so I try to enjoy the outdoors (hunting/fishing) as much as possible.

5. Tell me something about you that your listeners might not know.


I applied for a U.S. patent.

6. Anything else you'd like to share?


Thank God for Internet Radio. I've made so many new friends because of it.........................now where's my Damn Machine Gun ??

No comments: