Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike Is Coming

Another week, another hurricane coming our way. Last week, what was left of Gustav parked over us for a couple of days, bringing some rain and a LOT of wind, and it looks like what is left of Ike, when it hits land, will be coming over us as well. Fun, fun. Looks like Friday afternoon will find me in yard protection mode... making sure all my potted plants are protected, and my hanging things brought under cover. Even as I type that, I know I will not have the worst of it. My heart and prayers go out to those who are in Ike's direct path as it hits the coast. I had the occasion to be about 90 miles from Galveston once when a hurricane hit, and it's not fun. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to be hit with the wind and water more than once, much less more than once a year. All of my friends on the coast will be in thoughts this weekend.

4 comments:

Sailor said...

We get, very occasionally, the fringes of tropical storms that work up as far as the northeast coast; and that is *plenty* close enough, and often enough for me.

I'm with you on the thoughts and prayers, hope it's not a deadly one.

Anonymous said...

hope everyone stays safe!

just a girl... said...

HI fellow texan nice to meet ya

Texas said...

Sailor & Sage,
Thanks for your prayers!
xoxox

just a girl,
Nice to meet you, too! :)